Saturday, October 3, 2009

Basketball Try-out


Today I went for the Southampton basketball try out. It was really exciting to see so many basketball players in the campus. Many of them has lots of skill and are really good.
The trials started at 11.00. 1st, we were told to do some basic drills i.e. lay-ups and shots. And then we had a one on one match and a two on one match.
We were then told to play 4 on 4 half court matches. This is when things started to get hard. It was clear that I was the weakest player. Huhuhu
They were really good. I was getting tired and couldn't play very well. Then it got even harder as we were told to play 5 on 5 full court. I was exhausted by then since I have to run up and down the court.
However, I qualified for the 2nd round of the selection. Alhamdulillah. I was really thankful to Allah for giving me this opportunity. It will be held tomorrow at 12 noon.
I hope I can better tomorrow. Pray for me.

No comments: